More FREE online courses to take, & ways to earn your degree, without leaving your own home!!
Through Academic Earth, you can take courses in all of the fields below:
- Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Art & Design
- Test Preparation
- Berklee College of Music
- Carnegie Mellon
- Case Western Reserve
- Dalarna University
- Dartmouth College
- George Washington University
- Gresham College
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- Lund University
- Mises Institute
- New School
- Notre Dame
- The City University of New York
- UC Berkeley
- UC Irvine
- University of California San Francisco
- University of Chicago
- University of Houston
- University of London
- University of New South Wales
- University of North Carolina
- University of Western Sydney
- Wesleyan University
- Art & Art History
- Classics & Classical World
- Political Science, International Relations, and Law
- Urban Studies
- Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Engineering [Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical]
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Psychology & Cognitive Sciences
- Public Health
- BusinessEnjoy the over-abundance of free educational resources, and never stop exploring and expanding! And if anyone knows of any other great self-education resources, let me know!
Fuck college. All education should be free no matter what.
Unless you wanna just pay dozens of thousands of dollars for a piece of paper you can hang in a fancy frame and bragging rights.
If knowledge is what you want, take it.
For anyone who feels lost about what to study, check, explore!
This post made me happy *nerd*
future reference master post
Tips for self defense in places where you can’t use the likes of pepper spray etc (it’s also legal).
- Use a house key or a car key
- If you have key rings on the keys, simply keep these in the palm of your hand and hold tight.
- Place the key between your ring finger and your middle finger - do not place it between your index and middle finger as it’s a weaker hold.
- If you want to be discreet, keep this position in your coat pocket or somewhere where you can keep the keys hidden. If you don’t have a pocket, try keeping hold of the keys in your hand but within your sleeve - as if they were too big for you.
- If you feel in danger or someone goes to attack you, try to jab your attacker in the places circled in red. These are weak spots and will give off a feeling of being stabbed, however there will be no wound - it’ll just stun your attacker and bide you enough time to run.
- Try to aim for the lower areas such as the stomach and sides, these are weaker spots, however the middle of the chest and neck help too. This is the same for women.
This is important.
I do this on every walk home if it’s just me
The more you know.